Alinco DJ-X2000 Operation Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1173

Been using Radio Shacks so now stepped up to an Alinco DJ-X2000. Nicely made but after reading the manual still can not get it to work. Cannot program frequencies in it. Manual shows how but the buttons do nothing. Someone said I might be in the scan mode but the instructions shows nothing about manual mode. I am also used to banks from Radio shack of 1 thru 10, this has A thru E with subs such as A1, A2, etc whereas the instructions do not help with this either, any ideas would be appreciated.

pfish

Premium Subscriber
Well, first you have to program the frequency into VFO mode. While in VFO mode, you program in all info for the frequency (text tag, pl tone, etc). Once you are done with that, you have to copy it from VFO mode to memory mode. I believe you just hold down the MR button, then you will have to choose where to store the frequency by rotating the knob. A-E are the bank names, the number beside it (A1, A2, etc) is the channel number.

steve1173

Thanks, will try it. Definitely more complicated then the Radio Shacks. Wonder if the AOR8200mk3 or the Icom R-20 would have been easier.

Al42

Alinco owes its heritage to ham radio, not scanning. VFO->Memory, Memory->VFO is how it's been done in ham radios since they started having memories.

Anything that can be programmed by software is a lot easier, though.

pfish

Premium Subscriber
I personally own an R-20 and its basically the same as a DJ-X2000. All of these receivers and ham radios are going to be pretty much the same as far as programming, like Al42 said. If you want it to be super easy then get a radioshack.. otherwise just be patient and it will pay off. The X2000 is a great radio.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I had the DJ-10 X a while back and purchased the cable and software. It made programming a snap. The manuals assume too much I think.

I recently purchased an R-20 with software and find it fairly easy to operate. Lots of trials and errors but no harm done. Lots of hidden menus on this radio as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.