RELM MS200 : Any Opinions from the Board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOTORHEAD3902

Greetings Earthlings,
Got a RELM MS200 on the way (a mark in the eBay ITEMS IVE WON column), and am interested to hear anybody's experience with one:Sensitivity, Selectivity, Volumn, Readability of the display,etc,etc...

If anyone has/had one, can I trouble you for a bit of your time and oipinion?

All the Best,
B A

Schnoor1648

I had one of these, too, for a very short time. Ironically their handheld wasn't as bad as the mobile. The mobile, however, was also one the absolute worst receivers that I have ever owned.

Deliman

Minitor V Battery

The Minitor V has a special battery, Does anyone have the "real" battery life on it? I was told by my dealer it is 10 days, if I use it 8 hrs a day. I don't know anyone who uses there pager only 8 hrs day.
I was looking to see if someone has fully chargered the battery and not rechargered it until it was dead. Here in FL, we could lose power for up to a week with Hurricanes and I want to make sure we don't have pagers that are dead 2-3 days. Calls alway go up during a storm and I would go crazy if I couldn't get people to respond.

I heard Buffalo NY had an ice storm and lost power and had people down because the pager's battery were dead after 2 days.

anyone know?

SAR923

Deliman, you should start a separate thread when you are asking something unrelated to the original thread.

Motorhead, I hope you didn't pay much for the Relm. We had them in our patrol units for all of about two weeks before they were pulled out and replaced by Unidens. The intermod on every band was terrible. It is supposedly a double conversion receiver but I've seen single conversion receivers with less intermod. The intermod even broke through on frequencies that had a CTCSS tone set. I've heard these were acceptable for base use with just the telescoping antenna but there are many better scanners available today.

scannersnstuff

yup, i too agree.crappy receiver.supposedly they came out with a newer model that fixed all of the problem's of the older model.it was complete bullsh*t.selectivity sucked.i sold and bought and another and then re-sold it's brother the hs200.that was a pretty good receiver.it was also the first hh scanner to do pl/dpl.i also owned the racing electronics version the re2000 that did alpha tag's.

rescuecomm

Deliman, the Minitor V battery life is about 2.5 days if you leave it on 24 hrs per day. I charge my squad issued unit every third day depending on the use. The charger is a rapid charge type and only takes about an hour to come up.

Bob

garys

Premium Subscriber
Great features (for it's time), but as everyone else notes, a really lousy receiver. RELM replaced my first one with a new one that was supposed to be better, but was only marginally so. Like other people, I expected a mobile version of the HS200, which was a great scanner.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.