Handheld Scanner Stands Received Thanks tonsoffun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radio1114

I want to Thank tonsoffun for the 2 scanner stands I just received.Super fast delivery and they are better than what I thought.I would advise anyone that wants a Stand to hold there handheld scanners nice and firm on there desktop etc.to grab these.At the cost he charges to make them and ships them it can,t be beat.He is a very honest person and great with emails.Thank You Ron much appreciated.

http://scannerstandman.blogspot.com/

K5MAR

Those are good-looking stands! I emailed him regarding the size of the radios they will handle. I've got a couple of HTs that are older and taller than the new scanners. Since he makes them himself, perhaps he can do a custom size.

Mark S.

Radio1114

Yes you can order them any time.He can also make them custom fit I think for you.But you will have to ask that.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Stands

Geez Wilf thanks for the kind words.
Also thanks to others for the compliments. Standard sizes are on the website. I can custom size these for anyone. The leed time could be a little longer. I could let you know when they will be ready to build.

These stands are made with my own hands in my own shop, stands are not machine made!. There may be some leed times due to other orders being placed already and plus my regular full time job.
These stand are becoming incredibly popular, which suprised the hell out of me.
I really don't want this to get out of control, I want to please everyone in a timely manner.
Also excited to get my patent numbers soon as well.
Regards

Last edited:

safetyobc

i received my stand for my BCD396T today. Man this thing is cool. It is built like a rock. Very solid! The paint job is impressive on this stand. It looks like a powder coating type paint of some kind. Almost impossible to tip over even when leaning forward. Very professional looking stand. Thanks Ron!!

K8PBX

I bought 2 of the Scanner Stands and I'm very pleased with quality and price. These things are REALLY built well. They'll last a lifetime - that's for sure!

Junior08

Premium Subscriber
Will these work on a Uniden BC246T? I ask because the belt clip on these doesn't seem to open up much, it seems very tight.

bluesman905

junior17172003 said:
Will these work on a Uniden BC246T? I ask because the belt clip on these doesn't seem to open up much, it seems very tight.
I used one with my 246 when I had it. Put a spacer on the belt clip to widen it and it worked great (original screws are long enough to do this). I never did like that clip, it seemed to tight and apt to break. I never used the clip exept on the stand, but it seemed like it would be tight on a belt also. Much prefer the spring loaded style.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Ya, I have notice that as well on some of my buddies. They did the same as Simon did, put some spacers in behind the belt clip to open it a bit.
They really opened it for there belt not the stand and getting tired of trying to put it on there belt without struggling.
There is a few people that have bought the single stand for the 246 I think.
The stands are only 1/4" thick with the rubber, not that much. Then the rubber would compress as well and the plate is 1/8" thick.
Hope that helps

junior17172003 said:

RDCat

Premium Subscriber
does anyone have reception problems say with 2 different types of radio's scanning,different bands so close together?

pro 96 scanning digitaland vhf...ect-marine????
pro 93..or whatever u use..scanning analog800-vhf and uhf 450.00 for instance?

ron cathers

bluesman905

401402 said:
does anyone have reception problems say with 2 different types of radio's scanning,different bands so close together?

pro 96 scanning digitaland vhf...ect-marine????
pro 93..or whatever u use..scanning analog800-vhf and uhf 450.00 for instance?

ron cathers
I have the triple stand and have not noticed a reception problem running all three at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.