RELM HS200...please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfox

Hi folks, I'm new here. Nice place! I just bought a used, like new, HS 200 and I just love it. I live high up and this thing really kicks! HOWEVER...I can't seem to figure out how to get it to scan???? When I press scan, the words SCAN, large and small, appear in the display with the channel numbers but the unit just sits there. I don't think it's scanning. Is there some magic I don't know about?? I'm pretty sure the unit isn't broken. I got the unit in the original box with all the accessories and the owners manual. I AM new to this so...if you know how to get this unit to scan you'll have to be specific. I hope someone here has one of these and can help. Also...is there some way to "clear" the entire unit in one fell swoop of all the things the previous owner entered into this unit? I would like to start over, so to speak, without having to go through and try to find out what he did. I would greatly appreciate any help I can get regarding this unit. Especially how to get it to scan. Thanks a LOT!
Mike

Radio1114

Mike the scanning on the display is natural.When it hits a frequency the frequency will show up on the display.As far as clearing it all out you will have to go 1 channel at a time and hit the 0 and hit enter.This will clear each channel till you have did all the 200 channels.They were a good little scanner I found but the interference was pretty bad in my area anyway.The best is to study your manual.Good Luck and Happy Scanning.

silverfox

Thanks, Wilf....I got it working now, I was doing something wrong. I will say again...this is really a nice unit....great audio and reception. No interferance problems out here in the country at all. Just using the rubber duckie and am picking up 8 counties around me and all the way to Madison which is 85 miles away and it's all clear as a bell. Don't believe I will ever need an outside ant. My friend has a nice "popular brand" scanner and he is jealous of my HS200. He can't believe what I get with the duckie and how crystal clear it is. Really love this little radio. Thanks again for your help.
Mike

FaithRacer

I think it's great too, but..........

I lost my manuals years ago and just found the unit. I am running in circles trying to do something rather simple and need the manual, any idea where I can find one? The Relm website lists all the models and link to each manual. However, the ONLY manual that comes up not found is, you guessed it, the one right beside the HS200.

Status
Not open for further replies.