need help understanding old Lafayette P-50 craytal receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

52to12

I have an old Lafayette micro P-50 crystal receiver. It has a dial on the front to select X1,X2 or tune. Inside there are two slots for cryatals. The rating of the receiver is 30mhz-50 mhx. Also on the front panel is a tuneable dial wih the 30-50 range. If I install a crystal with a specific frequency, what does the tunable dial do?? Thanks for any help!!!

pinetree

52to12 said:
I have an old Lafayette micro P-50 crystal receiver. It has a dial on the front to select X1,X2 or tune. Inside there are two slots for cryatals. The rating of the receiver is 30mhz-50 mhx. Also on the front panel is a tuneable dial wih the 30-50 range. If I install a crystal with a specific frequency, what does the tunable dial do?? Thanks for any help!!!

If you can get a crystal it wont do anything to affect the tunable dial. It will work on the tunable dial however it is kind of sensitive to touch. I had one of these and I used it for many years. I still have the battery pack that you can use to make it portable.
I got the crystals for that unit from bomar
www.bomarcrystal.com/
they are still in business and should have the correct formula to use for cutting it.

typesix

The switch position x1 and x2 will likely select the crystals while in the tune position the dial will be used and the crystals will not come into play.

52to12

Lafayette micro P50

Thanks for your help! I had to dig out my old indoor cb antenna. Will try to tune to NCSHP when i hear them on my other scanners. They are the only ones in my area on low band,42.38 and 42.58.

pinetree

If I remember correctly if you get a crystal It will help the sensitivity if you tune the dial to the approx. frequency. This will tune the front end of the receiver better.

Status
Not open for further replies.