alinco djx11 brightness control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi I just purchased and received my alnico djx11 and I love it. the only problem is the backlit display is extremely low not like in the advertised pictures, in the menu settings there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it. only selection are squelch, infinity and timed seconds but no brightness ie low to high. does anyone know how to adjust the brightness or did I get a bad unit. my firmware is 280T.thanks

tumegpc

Premium Subscriber
hi I just purchased and received my alnico djx11 and I love it. the only problem is the backlit display is extremely low not like in the advertised pictures, in the menu settings there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it. only selection are squelch, infinity and timed seconds but no brightness ie low to high. does anyone know how to adjust the brightness or did I get a bad unit. my firmware is 280T.thanks

I don't think you got a bad unit. Mine is the same way, but tolerable. No adjustment for brightness .

jhooten

Display Illumination information begins on near the bottom of page 78 in the manual. Default from the factory on mine was 5 sec. Activating any control or signal reception will turn the display on for 5 seconds.

Menu screen for illumination is 10-2. Sequence is: Always lit, Disable all, Turn out, 5sec, 10sec, 15sec, 20sec, 25sec, 30sec.

Always lit The illumination is on all the time.
Disable all The illumination and RX lamp go off.
Turn out The illumination goes off.
5sec to 30sec The illumination stays on for the specified time after operation.

if you don't have a manual you can download a copy here: ALINCO

Ty for the info I do have a manual it was not about the duration of the illumination my question was about the intensity of the brightness if there was a low medium or high setting I couldn't find any and the illumination I have is not that bright but it is tolerable

Status
Not open for further replies.