Has anyone used TSC-100 scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I don't have one but aviation scanning is one of my newer interests. I do love gadgets. Its on my short list of purchases for the future.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Get a BC125AT. It covers all of the TSC air bands plus mil air and 400 mhz. Selling for about $90.00 on Amazon.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Waste of money.

Can you be more specific? Are there sensitivity or selectivity issues? Does the radio have bad audio quality? There are occasions where I do plane photography that I wish I had a radio dedicated to the airband, as the other radios in the car are still monitoring public safety so that I don't miss any fire jobs (the main focus-and paying part-of my photography.)

nanZor

Personally, it looks like a competitor to the older Uniden UBC30-XLT handheld.

I've seen the TTI / TSC in FBO and pilot shops and of course being even remotely close to an aviation counter, are about twice as expensive as everything should be.

WHY a superior scanner, like the simple BC75XLT isn't sold in FBO shops and other aviation outlets is beyond me. Maybe pricing control forces a competitor to the Uniden 30xlt?

The cuteness factor of the UB30-xlt just drives me nuts. I want one so bad, but Uniden won't sell it here. But I'm not sure I'd like to open the wallet for the TTI to get the cute / test factor satisfaction. :)

(hint - put an Icom FA-B02AR bnc duck on either one, and I'll bet performance improves - especially for those who are getting desense / overload from FM Broadcast reception, which both the TTI and Uniden are capable of receiving. With only double-conversion front ends. Sorry to beat on a dead horse about the duck..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.