Motorola MT2000 model 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTnFIREFIGHTER

Premium Subscriber
I am hopeing someone can help me . I have a Motorola MT2000 Model 3 (front display) vhf 260 channel I am trying to get it to decode MDC and display it on my radio - is this possible?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Actually no.... Mobile Data Systems operate on a completely different system than your mobile radio. Radios are not designed for two way texting....scrolling information displays,.. etc... A few designs are in the works,... but currently there is no text format for a mobile radio.

The display capabilities of a radio are extremely limited. Much like a scanner with alpha numeric ability.

precoislen

milf,
Not sure if this amounts to an hill of beans, but I do believe an MT2000 is an portable radio, and not mobile. (Not sure if you realized that you called it an "mobile" radio :D )

I can't comment as far as the technical aspects of the MDC are concerned.

Mozilla

MDC decoding

Assuming that the MDC you are referring to is the MDC 600 or 1200 signalling format... some radios do have the ability to decode and display the transmitting units id on the radio display. It does work on the MTS series with the proper flash and firmware including trunking systems PTT IDs , but I will have top look it up on the MT series of radio as I never have dealt with that line, or in between maybe some one that has will kick in. .

EMTnFIREFIGHTER

Premium Subscriber
YES IT IS A PORTABLE RADIO , I WANT IT TO DECODE MDC 1200, I HAVE SEEN OTHER MT2000 DECODE BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN IT ON IN MINE.

ALSO MILF , THERE ARE MOBILE RADIOS THAT DECODE MDC1200 , FOR INSTANCE THE NEW CDM MODEL RADIO'S VHF AND UHF DECODE

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for setting me right... I was told that mobile/HT's couldn't do that on a conventional system.... Hmmmm would love to check and see if I ever go to engineer school, I could get my HT to do the MDS system on the locos...... :)

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
affirm, The newer HT's can encode and decode mdc 1200's. the Ht1000, can only encode it. For my HT1250, it needs to be done per channel in the Motorola Software.

Josh

EMTnFIREFIGHTER said:
still looking for the answer????? how to make it decode anyone?

Hook the radio up to a computer running MT2000 RSS, and enable MDC ID decode in one of the configuration screens.

That's the only way.

-Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.