Endfedz sw antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

darticus

I bought this antenna EF SWL and I have it up with the box hooked on the house under the roof overhang and rain gutter about 25 feet up and the wire end sloping down to the pool fence 4 feet up from ground. I have it running from the house GOING North or slightly North West. Wondering if this set up is ok or could be improved for SW.
Can this antenna and box be used for 10 meters and how would I be able to do this? Anyone have suggestions. Thanks Ron

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This antenna is not constructed for transmitting and is not an amateur antenna - but (to get this question on topic, since this is an amateur radio forum) there ARE versions of the EF line that are for 10 meters. They're very popular. See this website... (PAR's line of antennas was sold about 2 years ago...)

Par EndFedz Antennas - LnR Precision Inc

By the way it's a no-no to post the same question to more than one forum. best regards..Mike

ridgescan

I myself am interested in YOUR impression of its reception-your setup sounds fine-but is it grounded? If so-to what?
Noise factor?
Great reception?
IMO still on topic to "amateur" because many amateurs run separate HF receiving rigs with dedicated antenna:D

majoco

Stirrer
Which one of the duplicate posts is locked? I already posted to the other one - this is stupid. Moderator - please lock one of them!

OHIOSCAN

I use the 66 Par EF-40 66ft after upgrading from the 45ft version which lasted 5 Ohio winters. The EndFedz perform really good on receive but do suffer from noise, there are utility stations I cannot copy down in the noise floor. Mine is not installed in a great spot whch may be a factor. (22ft straight N\S about 3ft above my roof). I don't know if the added noise is my ant QTH or the lack of a ground lug on the balun, the 45ft version is really nice for attic use and for those with less space.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'm running one, but can't remember the brand. I've got the coaxial shield grounded at the tower base, then again at the polyphaser. I'm pretty happy with it as is. It's on top of a 5 story building, and run up the tower about 15 feet. Sloping NE (high end) down to SW (low end). There are a couple of big air handlers on the roof, a 100+ watt VHF repeater and a couple of cell antennas on the tower, but it all seems to work just fine.
I haven't worked any SWL in MANY years, so it's kind of new to me, but I'm still pretty happy with how well it works. Likely it could be better, but for right now, I'm happy.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
I have a par ef-swl antenna mounted in my garage attic in a sloping pattern, still trying to figure out the grounding options. So far it is only slightly better than my random long wire for swl reception. As I experiment a little more I will let you know what I find.

bigblue2

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I am posting now to attest that the Par End Fedz antenna is the best antenna in the world where it took only 25 foot Par End Fedz antenna to catch all kinds of frequencies clearly and loudly whereas my 275 foot copper wire failed to make it. From 30khz to 60 Mhz, Par End Fedz is the best. Just got it today in the mail and the postman forced to fit it into my small postal box...he he he he

majoco

Stirrer
Apples vs apples? Maybe something a bit more scientific, eh, big blue? After all, you've only had it for one day - have you left the 275ft longwire in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.