Stealth HF Loop Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.
This weekend we visited my wife's son and I eyeballed his trampoline in the back yard, the type with the uprights (8) to support a safety net. The more I looked the idea developed that the uprights could support a loop antenna, a15 ft. Diameter trampoline would hold about 48 ft. of wire. So mount a remote auto tuner such as an SGC or MFJ at th top of one of the posts and feed the loop, which would be attached to PVC pipes in to top of each upright.

I thinking this would give acceptable performance on 40 and up with a good NVIS signal, plus would be a good stealth antenna for you HOA limited folks.

TheSpaceMann

This weekend we visited my wife's son and I eyeballed his trampoline in the back yard, the type with the uprights (8) to support a safety net. The more I looked the idea developed that the uprights could support a loop antenna, a15 ft. Diameter trampoline would hold about 48 ft. of wire. So mount a remote auto tuner such as an SGC or MFJ at th top of one of the posts and feed the loop, which would be attached to PVC pipes in to top of each upright.

I thinking this would give acceptable performance on 40 and up with a good NVIS signal, plus would be a good stealth antenna for you HOA limited folks.
I heard of someone who used a circular backyard swimming pool for the same purpose!

Status
Not open for further replies.