Antenna (tower) ID help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

whooey

This guy lives down the road from my brother. He has a tower in his back yard, and as a new ham I am curious. :D

I was wondering if any of you could ID this antenna, its HUGE for a neighborhood antenna IMO. First pic is the Google street view, the second pic is from my brothers back yard, 1800ft away per Google maps.

Thanks for any input!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
In my old days in the mid 70's I put up several like that it looks 100 feet to 120 feet rohn 25 tower with 2 tv antennas and a CB antenna on top. The 2nd picture looks more like a 2way site not enough antennas for a cell site but a close up of both would tell more.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Well, assuming that this is somewhere around the Gainesville, FL area, I know for a fact it's not one I put up! I used to own "Antennas Unlimited" there in Gainesville about four decades ago and put up many hundreds of TV antenna towers around a four county area. Typically those were 50' Rohn 20G packages. The tallest one we put up was a 150' Rohn 25G. The customer wanted a Mosley CL-39-M Tri-Bander on it. :wink:

It is interesting that it is painted red/white. That's not something usually seen on such a relatively "short" tower. :D

Last edited:

whooey

Well, assuming that this is somewhere around the Gainesville, FL area, I know for a fact it's not one I put up! I used to own "Antennas Unlimited" there in Gainesville about four decades ago and put up many hundreds of TV antenna towers around a four county area. Typically those were 50' Rohn 20G packages. The tallest one we put up was a 150' Rohn 25G. The customer wanted a Mosley CL-39-M Tri-Bander on it. :wink:

It is interesting that it is painted red/white. That's not something usually seen on such a relatively "short" tower. :D

Ha ha cool! Yep its in Gainesville! SW 107th off of Archer road. :D

Voyager

What kind of building is at the base? And definitely need a better pic...

whooey

I apologize, I should have been more specific. The neighborhood is off 107th, the actual tower is off SW 99th PL the yellow looking trailer roof. :D

The top pic is actually a screen shot off goggle street view.

SCPD

QRT
This maybe a smarty- suggestion, but why not just walk up to the people and ask them about their tower. I have never met a soul who wasn't interested in describing their antennas to someone genuinely interested in them.
.........CF

Status
Not open for further replies.