alinco dr135t packet setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

k8krh

I have a ALINCO DR135T with the EJ141-U TNC, setup info in the manual shows setup
what commands do I use to bring up the setup using disp on a dumb terminal sure doesnt show
data speed,data length,parity,stop bit,i have airmail using dumb terminal,any help appreciated
tnx
doctor795

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
In order to activate the internal TNC, the radio has to be in Data mode. According to the manual, press the FUNC button and while the F icon is illuminated on the display, press the SQL button. The Data mode icon, which looks like a square wave, will illuminate.

With your computer's serial port connected to the DB-9 connector on the back of the radio, launch a terminal emulator program on your computer. While Airmail's dumb terminal program may work, I suggest starting with a plain terminal program like Hyperterm or TeraTerm until you get the hang of communicating with the TNC. The default serial port settings for the TNC are 9600 bps, 8-N-1.

Once you have your terminal program communicating with the TNC, hit the Enter key a few times to see if you get a "cmd:" prompt back from the TNC. At that point, you should be able to send commands, like DISP, to the TNC.

Beyond that, I can't help you much. I have two Alinco DR-135T radios, but I'm using the Argent Data T2-135 TNC. I believe the Alinco EJ-41U TNC uses the same Tasco chip that Kenwood used in the TM-D700. That chip is somewhat limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.