APRS Firenet info/advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Hi all,
Does anybody know of a source where some information can be found about the "firenet.us" service and its use on APRS? I've tried all the things that come up on a Google search and none of the pages seem to have any usable links that provide any real answers for someone looking to get into it.

Being that I am with a volunteer fire service, and our "wildfire season" has officially been declared started by the province (even though we are getting snow pouring down on us right now), I figured Firenet might be a neat tool to explore and possibly exploit.

I've had my APRS software connected to firenet.us before and the information outside the States seems to be somewhat lacking. I know that inserting Firenet objects into the regular APRS servers is generally frowned upon. I'd kind of like to know what objects and data Firenet transports, how it is used, and if there are guidelines in establishing and deploying said objects.

The APRSWiki page and other links seen on Google search, as I say, are informative to a point but lacking in particular detail.

If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it!

radiohound9

I am wondering the same thing. Over 5 years later, there does not seem to be anything more on the subject besides the wiki FireNet - APRSWiki . I am interested in installing a stream gauge, and would like to find out more details about the protocol, etc.

Walter
K6ATV

Status
Not open for further replies.