What are the "church bells" sound on 7.0874mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beamin

Premium Subscriber
I heard this at 10:51EST in the suburbs of washington DC using DSB with a 68' longwire antenna. Are they a numbers station? They sound like church bells but with no decay, just jumping up and down in tone.

Attachments

• cbsmall.jpg
    cbsmall.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 836

beamin

Premium Subscriber
better pic

Attachments

• cb4small.jpg
    cb4small.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 781

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
All I see is JT65 and JT9. Set your computer clock within 2 seconds of a standard time and you should be able to decode it correctly with WSJTx

WSJT Home Page

I agree. JTxx looks and sounds as the OP described.

Pretty cool mode. Really fun for weak-signal work (I think it was originally designed for moon bounce).

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yup, and it should be noted that JT65 has 3 variations, from what I've read - JT65A, B and C. If it is JT65, MultiPSK will handle it along with WSJT - if it's JT9, MultiPSK won't cut it, but WSJT will...

Mike

majoco

Stirrer
I'll have to download WSJT, some really big signals here at 0520z/1720local on the gray line, 7076kHz. Other good DX too from all over Europe.

beamin

Premium Subscriber
Is there an easy way to record from sdruno using widows 10 and vbcable?

beamin

Premium Subscriber
All I see is JT65 and JT9. Set your computer clock within 2 seconds of a standard time and you should be able to decode it correctly with WSJTx

WSJT Home Page

So I got that up and running I think. I have the sdruno using its output as vbcable. wsjt's input as vbcable and speakers out. The water fall is doing something but no sound. Is that normal? I set it to whisper and set the sdruno to the low frequency LW band. How do I know if its working? Do you have to mess with the sdruno every time you want to change frequencies?

kk6jtl

So I got that up and running I think. I have the sdruno using its output as vbcable. wsjt's input as vbcable and speakers out. The water fall is doing something but no sound. Is that normal? I set it to whisper and set the sdruno to the low frequency LW band. How do I know if its working? Do you have to mess with the sdruno every time you want to change frequencies?

Your sound setting look right.

Set it to "JT9 + JT65" and leave the sdruno on 40m 7.076MHz USB at night, 20m 14.076MHz USB during daylight.

At :45 seconds into a minute, the computer stars decoding what it received from :00 to :45

By :55 seconds, you should have decodes if someone is transmitting.

At :00 seconds, responses to the last set of transmissions begin.

If JT9+JT65 works, then switch over to LW frequency and WSPR. Wait. It will come if there is something.

Status
Not open for further replies.