TNC-Black going deaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4NNW

I've been using a TNC-X daughterboard for the BeagleBone Black as my primary APRS station at my house for over a year. Everything has been fine up until the past week or so. In that time, the TNC-Black has only been receiving packets from very close by (within 5 miles). For now, I have a stand-alone TNC-X with Bluetooth sending data to APRSDroid to rule out the possibility of the radio itself being the deaf one.
Has this ever happened to any of y'all? If so, what caused it?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Is your problem with the TNC-X or the radio to which it's attached? Have you tried a different radio? What about the antenna that's attached to the radio?

K4NNW

That's what I'm attempting to find out today. I have the same radio/antenna setup with a different TNC. I use the same radio (Kenwood V71A) for APRS on one VFO, and voice on the other. So far, I've not noticed anything unusual about the receive of voice communications. The repeaters I usually hear are being received with the same signal strengths (although I don't know how sensitive this radio's s-meter is to different signal strengths). If push comes to shove, I can pull out another radio and use that (which will be my next step, after testing this theory).

Status
Not open for further replies.