Kenwood: D710GA and Dmapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd0ccc

I picked up a D710GA last night and am planning on using this with Dmapper for SAR operations. I have the radio connected to my laptop and am able to read and write configurations to and from the radio. I need to put the internal TNC into KISS mode but cannot seem to find that setting anywhere, or is it called NAVITRADE or something like that? I have tried aprs12 and packet12 tnc modes, I thought packet12 was what I am looking for but I am still not seeing any strings come across in DMAPPER. Any thoughts?

Also the iGPS icon is constantly flashing does this mean I do not have a GPS lock?

kd0ccc

When I hyperterminal into the radio and put it into packet12 I am seeing the data received from our MicroTrack AIO if this helps at all.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Navitra is a system used in Japan that is similar to APRS.

Do you have the "CD-ROM" manual which is downloadable from the Kenwood web site? It does into much more detail than the instruction manual that ships with the radio.

In the CD-ROM manual is a list of commands for the internal TNC. If you send a KISS command and then send a RESTART command, the TNC will restart in KISS mode.

kd0ccc

Thanks for the response. I have been reading the manuals once I realized they were so much more detailed. I can get the radio into KISS mode I issue a restart command and I believe it stays in KISS mode until next restart but I am not it in DMapper. Dave from Dmapper is looking at my problem as well. Does anyone know of an option other than DMapper, I basically just need a text or excel file of the received APRS strings to import into MapSAR from ESRI.

Status
Not open for further replies.