FT8

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9RMA

Hi guys and gals....Just got a new soap box and thought I would get on it. GEEZ..... IF your are going to use FT8 or any other digi mode please have a logging program I.E. LOTW or EQsl
I have been watching JT ALERT-X and more people are calling CQ and no hint of any logging....I refuse to click on their CS and waste my time and electrons if I can not verify a contact
Both these logs are easy to set up and FREE....Sad to say a lot of these OPS are 2x1 or 1x2 meaning they are extra class....If you have trouble, swallow your pride and have a no code tech help you.
1st ***** done!!!!!!! 2nd watch your DT...If off, resync 2nd ***** done!!!!!! 3rd...Keep power down and ALC to 1 or 2 bars max..your pi$$in up a rope when a signal is 200Hz wide!!! no one can decode it...3rd ***** done
Last..the water fall is your friend!!! Use it when tuning up.and to find a clear freq. to work split...
Have fun on the digi modes Bob N9RMA extra class 73

w2xq

Mentor
Looks like you already have a batch of answers to your very similar eham posting. Nothing to get upset about or browbeat other licensees about. You postings read as if you need to relax...

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
It is a common misconception that LotW or eQSL are logging programs. They are QSO matching and QSLing services. You upload QSOs from whatever logging program you use (HRD, DX Lab Suite, etc.) and LotW or eQSL tries to match your uploaded QSOs with other uploaded QSOs. When it finds a match, you get a QSL.

And, there's really no need to denigrate Extra class hams. It's your job to run your station to the best of your abilities and within the rules. Likewise, it's the other guy's job to run his station to the best of your abilities and within the rules. If the other guy chooses to not make his QSOs available in an online QSLing service, that's his choice.

Since it seems that this thread is starting off as little more than a b!tch session, I think we are done. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.