Need help programming IC-2200H memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binford

I'm trying to figure out how to program my IC-2200H. Who wrote that inane IC-2200H manual anyway?!?!

I entered a gob of repeaters into memory, set the PL tones and named each one. But I apparently needed to turn the PL tones "ON" somehow prior to entering all the frequencies into memory. Is there a way to set the PL to "ON" without having to re-enter each and every one?

I'm also trying to figure out how to set up the memory banks. I follow the steps outlined in the manual, but it simply does not work as the manual says. Perhaps I have to be in some other mode before I begin? I dunno...

Nothing in "Search" here, so I put the question out to any of you successful IC-2200H users.

Help?!

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
While in VFO mode press SET/Lock to step thru memory options including tones for TX and RX. Then follow the directions for programming a memory via VFO. I don't use banks on mine, so I can't help there.

This is also why I paid for the software and cable to program with the computer.. Manual programming is a pain in the arse.

Icom_Junkie

IC-2200H .... Programming Mess

I have the same problem setting up this rig to play nice.
It seems everytime you sellect a repeater you have to turn on the PL (ie:subaudible tone) with the "Tone" button.
That cannot be right.
Also the TX power setting always goes to LOW when you switch channels.
That cannot be right.
--
The ICOM manual on p19 says you can overwrite the repeater settings.
I'm fricken' lost with this IC-2200h.
Good thing my IC-2100h is still running.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Maybe I should start a 2200 programming service.. Send me the rig, with a list of freqs, and return postage and I'll program it with the computer for ya...:lol::wink:

Binford

I figured out there's a base setting that you make before you program all the frequencies into memory. If the base setting is for "low" TX, then that will be programmed into all the memory channels that you subsequently enter. Same with the PL tones. They have to be set to ON first in the base setting.

By "base" setting, I mean sort of like the root system. The default.

Now that I've got that set the way I want (MED power and PL tones ON), I am having to re-enter all the memory channels I did. PITA, but at least it's working!

Icom_Junkie

IC-2200H .... Initial Settings Memory

OK, n9mqx .... your memory loading service sounds like a winner for those of us who are too cheap to purchase the Icom PC channel/settings memory loading program.
--
However, the Icom initial factory (ie: Japan Sweatshop) seem a bit goofy for the USA.
The "auto Repeater" setting are factory set not to use a PL tone.
I believe you first have to set the Auto Reteater to "R2" for Tone and 600 KHz offset, .....
.....then enter the repeater frequencies.
Oh Well, ....
4192.jpg

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I'm tellin ya, buy the cable once, and then you just need the software.. I can program the 2200, 2720, T2, T7, T8, T81, and W32.

I couldn't imagine programming my 2720 without the cable...

Spend a little time typing in everything, click the send, and 20-30 seconds later the radio is ready to go...

Icom's programming has always been archaic. I prefer Alinco's manual programming.. It's more straight forward..

W2NJS

I have three 208s and, believe me, the only way to stay sane programming them is to do it with a computer. The format stinks but it works once you get the hang of it.

nexus

I absolutely HATE having to deal with my IC-2200H. The only reason why I have the thing is because I won it at a hamfest. I've been working with ham radios since 1988, several different brands, mobile, ht, etc. Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu. By far, the IC-2200H is the most screwed up system of programming. I agree, get the software and a cable. Messing with it from the display is a total pain in the arse.

PonyBoy99

Delete Frequency From Memory Bank

Does anyone here know how to do this? I emailed ICOM and the reply told me I could overwrite a frequency in memory or clear everything out of memory (factory reset). I don't see how either of these addressed my question. The manual doesn't appear to address this at all. (I see that I'm not the only one with mixed feelings about the 2200H manual). I really like my radio, though. None of the hams in my local radio club use banks, so they can't help me. Many thanks to any kind soul with a helpful reply.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Did you check out the Icom Knowledge base?

http://www.icomamerica.com/en/support/kb/default.aspx

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; DROID2 GLOBAL Build/4.5.1_57_D2G-38) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Did you check out the Icom Knowledge base

PonyBoy99

IC2200H Bank Deletion

Did you check out the Icom Knowledge base

Yep. 'No help there that I could find. I guess I'll just have to experiment with it. Thanks for the reply.

bsodium

IC2200H bank programming

Old thread, but answer difficult to come up with so I'm posting in case others are looking:

The trick, if your radio keeps going back to station alpha-name mode when you attempt to access the bank setting: Hold ANM button before you start; returning your radio to frequency display mode. Then, the set key will take you where you want to be. Scroll thru to "BAK" and set the bank letter. Any unlabeled button to exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.