Yaesu FT7800R help-

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdog25

I need the short cable that is used to mount the faceplate to the radio. Anybody got one to sell or know where I can get one? Thanks

elk2370bruce

Take a good look at the receptacle. It is nothing more than a modular telephone line. The short jumper cable that connects the back of the phone to the wall works just fine and is a whole-lot cheaper than Yaesu's replacement. Check out any decent hardware store, Lowes, Home Depot or even rat shack.

Last edited:

gdog25

Hey, that is easy enough. I probably have some of those around here. I thought it had more conducters than the phone line so I did not even look. Thanks!

kb0zgy

Hey you might want to check and see if the wires are reversed, it may not be a regular cord. If it is reversed
you can still make one fairly cheap.

Rich

K

kb0nly

Sounds like you need the short one to put the head on the radio, you can sometimes find the really short ones at walmart, sold as a three wire phone line for connecting a phone to the jack. They usually sell the short one for putting a phone on one of the older style wall mount jacks.

If you absolutely cannot find one or make one, i usually just make one with my crimping tool, let me know and i can hook you up with one.

kyguy

Be Careful !!

Be careful using regular phone line - the wires are wired different, and they are 6 wires/ not four.

gdog25

Both the long Yaesu cable and the phone cable are 6 conductor. I will check the wires to see if they are matched up the same.

K

kb0nly

Be careful using regular phone line - the wires are wired different, and they are 6 wires/ not four.

Six wires are required!

And most of them are wired that they will work, but as previously mentioned check them. I would have to go grab one to double check but if i recall the ends of the Yaesu extension cable is wired so both ends match, 1 to 1, 2 to 2, etc. They are not flipped.

This is why the three line phone cables work, because they are wired without any crossover to interface the phone to the wall jack. The short lead that normally comes with wall phones works perfect for the Yaesu models to put the head on the body of the radio if you lost your original. I might even have a couple originals in the box downstairs, both of my 7800's are remotely mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.