FT60 and 145.390

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolene

does anyone else have a problem loading this frequency? in my area this is an alternate repeater for ARES/red cross, supposedly no tone with a minus offset, my FT60 will not accept this frequency, no matter how I set up the freq, I get ERROR, is this a glitch with all FT60 ht's or mine in particular? thanks for any help, hope Im in the correct forum

ki4rvh

Mine programs fine on that frequency. Is that the only one it won't program?

Are you unable to get it to accept the frequency at all or just unable to get it to key up and when you try to key up you are getting the error. I programmed a friends and his would not key up on a couple repeaters. I finally figured out that the offsets were messed up on those repeaters and the repeater input it was trying to key up was out of band. If it is giving you an error on key up check the offsets and be sure they are set in band.

Good Luck.

lugoffman

Mine works fine with that frequency.
Did you buy your radio new or used ???
Cause my friend has the same problem he sent it off and had to get a new VFO or somthing like that, but it was under warranty thank goodness.
Or better yet did you try a master all reset try that and try it again if it still does that then it needs to be looked at I would think but good luck KJ4JBC Jason 73,

stevolene

thanks for the response, it will indeed accept entry of the frequency, even let me adjust any parameters, however, once I key up, all I get is ERROR, I did buy it used, however this is the first time Ive had any trouble transmitting on any ham bands 2m or 440, Ill check page 64

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
thanks for the response, it will indeed accept entry of the frequency, even let me adjust any parameters, however, once I key up, all I get is ERROR, I did buy it used, however this is the first time Ive had any trouble transmitting on any ham bands 2m or 440, Ill check page 64

Check and make sure the radio is trying to use the standard .600 offset instead of something different. If you're using a higher offset it might be trying to tx OOB.

K

kb0nly

Same here, no problem. I have the FT60 and a local repeater on the exact same pair, 145.390-. It works fine.

As others have stated make sure the offset is programmed correctly for .600, i bought a used radio once that was set wrong. You could also try a full reset of the radio. I haven't heard of any VFO problem affecting these radios so that info is news to me, no reviews seem to make mention of it either.

stevolene

offset set at normal .600, Im gonna try a full reset, just got another 7800 today, if it wont work the band then it must be a paranormal problem at my residence

K

kb0nly

If a reset doesn't help and its under warranty i would contact Yaesu and see what they say. Just curious, and i'm not accusing anyone of anything here, but are you sure it hasn't been tampered with for out of band transmit??

I know if you don't modify it correctly you could change the bandsplit to another range. On some Yaesu's an incorrect jumper setting would make it the Euro bandsplit and etc...

Something worth checking into. If the rest doesn't work let us know and i can go look up the jumper settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.