Kenwood TS-480SAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

WouffHong

Ts480sat

Hi everyone i am studying to get my foundation licence and i am intrested in what opinions people have about this kenwood radio.

Regards Lino.

Beeen an active ham for 57 years and have had a WIDE variety of rigs, and I must admit, my TS480SAT is the best I've ever had.

I'm located at 1550' elevation, and have a 105' G5RV at 30' stretched between trees and have worked all around the world with no amplifier and the internal Antenna Tuner handling everything between 75 M and 12M with 10M (below 29 MHz) and 15M being the only bands that it wouldn't tune, and THEN ONLY since the coax cable that came with the G5RV was cut by a Lawn guy and I had to re-splice on an SO-239 and changed to some no-name Mini-8 coax.

Been a die-hard ICOM guyfor many years, but ths rig (around $900 USD) "converted me" to Kenwood. :) :D

Tom
W4NOV
http://w4nov.us

Turbo68

Hello Tom & Rex thanks a lot for your help and at the moment here in australia kenwood havent increased there prices up due to the dollar but the radio is going up by $400 australian dollars and i did put one on lay by pick it up in a few months and maybe i will get another one before the price increase .The shop that i bought it from told me he only uses kenwood radios and even all his sales people only use kenwood and some of these people worked for Icom/Yaesu and all the people that work in the shop have a full call licence and experience from 15 to 35 years.

Regards Lino.

WouffHong

The only thing I forgot to mention is that I use a Heil Boom HC-4 Mike Headset with it that I used to use on my FT-100D and THAT made it get even better results with that excellent Audio. Tom

Turbo68

I have looked at the reviews and you tube videos and this little radio seems to impress all the amateur operators and i would also use it to monitor hf aero whats the performance like.

Regards Lino.

Status
Not open for further replies.