Yaesu FT-857D CTCSS/PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

srd84

For repeaters with PL tones...when you press TON function on the 857D you have the option of TEN (CTCSS tone encoder) TSQ (CTCSS encode/decode)..the next two are DCS encode and DCS encode/decode. The last is blank. My question is...when working a repeater which setting do I leave it on? (one with non-digital encoded) I can hear the tone after I transmit...I'm hitting the repeater...but I'm not sure my voice is coming through. I can't hear it on my scanner anyway. And no one is answering lol...The manual isn't clear to me on this and this is my first transciever. Any help would be appreciated.

Steve
KJ4LAZ

W6KRU

You want to use TEN. That will xmit the tone to bring up the repeater. You would use TSQ if you are in an area where the coverage from two repeaters overlap and the repeater you want to listen to xmits a tone. That way only the repeater of interest will break your squelch.

srd84

Thanks. I had been using TEN with no success, but as soon as I hooked up my new Diamond NR770HA 1/2 wave 2m I was answered right away. It was apparently an antenna prob.

Steve
KJ4LAZ

Status
Not open for further replies.