Vx-170

Status
Not open for further replies.

firephoto20

I am trying to program my VX-170 by hand, when I try to put in frequency 154.4525 it comes out 154.450, any suggestions ?

hill

Premium Subscriber
I don't have the VX-170, but do have many other Yaesu radios. I don't use my ham radios for monitoring out of band signals, since use scanners for that task. This is narrow band and unsure if this radio can properly tune in this range. I have heard that many ham radios don't tune narrow band US freqs. The receive out of band coverage of ham radios may not be complete.

Last edited:

selgaran

See page 59 of your manual - "Changing Channel Steps". This may solve your problem. If not, it is quite likely that tuning the radio 154.450 or 154.455 will still allow you to hear traffic on 154.4525

firephoto20

Ok, It only goes in increments of 5. How do I know which freq will work, it is not used every day so I cant listen and see which one will work..

silverbk

Premium Subscriber
Ok, It only goes in increments of 5. How do I know which freq will work, it is not used every day so I cant listen and see which one will work..

It only goes in increments of 5 right now, but this feature setting is meant to change that. Try 12.5 khz as the step, and you should be able to get the correct freq in there.

As far as manuals goes: keep the manual in your bathroom, and "refer" to it when handling business in there. Eventually you will know it cold:)

wcu02mpa

Try selecting narrow band.

I have a VX-170 and that frequency sounds like a narrowband channel. Try selecting narrowband.....may or may not work. I will try a few things on my 170 tonight and get back to you.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.