Roip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKYNET156

Duplicate account of Tom Sherman
Banned
I am looking for information about Radio Over IP...

I need this to be put in layman's term, this is what i am looking to find out,

1. What kind of Repeaters are needed?
2. What kind of internet connection is needed?
3. Is there a cost to do this if you have the equipment?
4. What are the capabilities of Radio Over IP?

Any info would greatly be appreacited

N

N_Jay

1. What kind of Repeaters are needed?

Almost any It depends on exactly what type of equipment you have and what you want to accomplish.

2. What kind of Internet connection is needed?
Almost any with sufficient bandwidth, reliability, and quality of service.

3. Is there a cost to do this if you have the equipment?
Maybe, maybe not.
What are you planning on "doing"?
In general probably not (beyond normal site costs and internet costs).

4. What are the capabilities of Radio Over IP?
Again, it depends on the specific radio and ROIP equipment and setup.

There is a good bit of different equipment out there and few standards, so "ROIP" is a very loose term.

SKYNET156

Banned
Thanks for the info,

I was thinking of starting a Notification service over 900mhz with ROIP, i know that there are some services that use this that i have been researching,
they use ventrillo client,
I am in the process of seeing how much it cost through the FCC to get licensed for this type of service or if i need to use another band?
It is just an idea, i have a stock pile of 900mhz equipment that i want to put in service, i am just awaiting a few 900mhz repeaters i won in an auction,

I wanted to use the ROIP to broadcast radio over computer and scanner feeds, i am just trying to figure out how to piece it all together now

N

N_Jay

What are you going to broadcast?

You can not rebroadcast other licensees communications.

SKYNET156

Banned
well...i know that a local group uses scanners to broadcast on the ventrillo client and not over the repeaters, they just use the ROIP to communicate through the repeaters from they computers, and they also use the radio to communicate to the computer, i wanted to take that concept and use it just as they do...but i am still working that out, i need to see about licensing and if this is possible and what i would need to do it,

Help with RoIP System

Hi, I am trying to set up a new RoIP system on the VHF band. I am resonsible for the communications for a private security company, and we are trying to centralize our dispatch. Without having an operator at each internet connection (just leaving a repeater, I guess?), how can I maintain a 4 location RoIP network?

Status
Not open for further replies.