Yaesu FT-60R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
I have problems with hit-and-miss audio output when I use my speaker mike. I don't know if it's a jack problem or an issue with the 3.5mm plug on the speaker mike. When I plug it in, it's like I have to constantly "jiggle" the plug to keep the audio consistently coming from the speaker mike.

Anybody have any tips for dealing with this? I can't believe I'm the only person who this has happened to. Since I suspect somebody will ask me, I'm using the fairly standard MH-34 (I believe this is the right #) speaker mike.

kf4uuz

I have problems with hit-and-miss audio output when I use my speaker mike. I don't know if it's a jack problem or an issue with the 3.5mm plug on the speaker mike. When I plug it in, it's like I have to constantly "jiggle" the plug to keep the audio consistently coming from the speaker mike.

Anybody have any tips for dealing with this? I can't believe I'm the only person who this has happened to. Since I suspect somebody will ask me, I'm using the fairly standard MH-34 (I believe this is the right #) speaker mike.

There have been some posts on the (Yahoo) FT-60 group pertaining to this.
The best advice is to "thread" the speaker mike cable towards the rear of the FT-60, *underneath* the belt clip.
This will help stabilize the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.