Looking for a cheap HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeeater861

I've been browsing eBay for a cheap HT, mostly Yaesu, and bid on many, won a FT-50R, and things came up that I could not pay for it, so now back on the market. I'm mainly looking for a Dual band, 2M/440 HT and not looking for anything over $150. If anyone knows of anything or has something, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could let me know! Thanks in advance!

SCPD

QRT
I've been browsing eBay for a cheap HT, mostly Yaesu, and bid on many, won a FT-50R, and things came up that I could not pay for it, so now back on the market. I'm mainly looking for a Dual band, 2M/440 HT and not looking for anything over $150. If anyone knows of anything or has something, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could let me know! Thanks in advance!

I know that the Puxing brand is sold on eBay along with other bands for about $70-80. I don't know of any low priced dual band HT's that are available.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
i've seen NEW yaesu ft-60's for around $180, and Icom's IC-T7H runs around $175 new. Might try searching for those on ebay. Kenwood had a nice ht (t7g) i think, that's discontinued. might try that one, too. I really liked my ft-60, very rugged, good audio. I used it a few years and it's now been passed down to my son. My first radio was an older yaesu ft475? good basic radio, kind of big compared to what's sold, now. It had something like 20 memories in vhf and another 20 in vhf, but was only about $100 off ebay.

oh, don't forget about alinco.

good luck,

jeff s.

CERT6

I'm very happy with my Puxing PX-888. Bought it via 409Shop. Delivery took about a week. On the parcel it was tagged as a 'toy' :) Probably to avoid customs from opening the package...

can you do individule channel DCS/CTCSS tags on each channel or is it set for all channels at the same time. I have an older model that doesnt scan, and i was looking at that model you mentioned. The model i have for instance, i set DCS 072 and its set for all channels like that. If i switch over to say non fire and ems in the township, eventhough im not authorized to but if i wanted to tlak on the police channel, i have to change the setting. So was just wodnering if this model does the dame or is it one setting for all channels. And yes i use the radio for public safety being we are extremly limite don radios until the new system is in place.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There's a strange new beast you might want to look at.
Check 409Shopwww.409shop.com 409 對講機 專門店 KG-UVD1 VX-8R VX-3R VX-7R VX-170 KG-699E KG-669 KG-689 PX-777 PX-888 FT-897 FT-857 VX-177 VXA-300 KG-679 VEV-3288S V-1000 TG-UV FT-817ND FT-60R FT-897 FT-857 VX-7R VX-7RB VX-6R VX-3R FT-1802M FT-8800R VX for the dual bander called the DB-Andy
It's strange because it's claimed to be fcc type accepted although it's keyboard programmable,as well as other unusual features. I got to play around with a new one and I have to say they're pretty interesting.
N9ZAS

smokeeater861

This is for monitoring public safety and Txing on the Ham bands.

I'm looking around on eBay and I'm going to take a look at the "gigaparts" that stevolene speaks of, but so far, no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.