FT8900 recieve

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I'd like someone who has a Yaesu 8900 to let me know if the radio will recieve the 900 mhz ham band. Please check if 927-928 mhz reception is blocked. I'm thinking of getting one, but will not if the 900 ham band is blocked.

Thank you.

SCPD

QRT
Thank you

The 8900 will not recieve the 900Mhz ham band.

Thank you for the info. I had a VX5R that recieved up to 999 mhz, but like the 8900, the ham band was cut out, even with all the mods done to it.. I won't be getting that radio then.

K

kb0nly

There isn't much for commercial gear that does the 900Mhz ham band, some can monitor it if your lucky but thats about it.

Most of the gear being used on that band is converted Motorola mobiles and HT's.

N1BHH

Most of the Yaesu amateur radio products won't monitor in the 900 band. Some have chopped out a portion. The 8800 covers the 902-914 range, but that is usually utilized as inputs for repeaters.

SCPD

QRT
There isn't much for commercial gear that does the 900Mhz ham band, some can monitor it if your lucky but thats about it.

Most of the gear being used on that band is converted Motorola mobiles and HT's.

I was just looking for a radio for work to run 2M and 440 from a dual band antenna, and just listen to any 10M and 6M activity. Being able to listen to 900 would of just been an added bonus. I may just buy a desk scanner and forgo transmitting all together. My office has moved (again) at work, but I now have an opprotunity to have an outside antenna that will be higher than most repeaters in my area. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.