Alinco DJ-180 Battery Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbragg

I have a bad battery for my 180T. A new battery is pricey so I am wanting to rebuild. I have never done this. I was wondering is anybody can give me information on where and what cells to buy and possibly where. Any other information to help is also greatly appreciated.

fineshot1

I have a bad battery for my 180T. A new battery is pricey so I am wanting to rebuild. I have never done this. I was wondering is anybody can give me information on where and what cells to buy and possibly where. Any other information to help is also greatly appreciated.

You might be able to purchase the pre-built inserts from the NiCad Lady but I just send the old packs
to her because she and her staff have the proper tools to crack those packs open without severely
damaging them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention she & staff are not quick so if you are not in a hurry then they could be a cost effective choice
but if you need a solution quick should probably look elsewhere.

NiCad Lady - Radio Battery - Rebuilt Radio Batteries - Laptop Batteries - Cellphone Batteries - Camcorder Batteries - Flashlight Batteries

Last edited:

n8emr

Guess it depends on what you call pricey, but you can get packs on ebay for $20-30 depending on your capacity needs. You can get AA packs for $25 or so and put your own batteries in them. An "insert" that you replace is going to run you $25 add another $5 plus shipping from the nicad lady

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.