Another dumb FT-60R Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDaze

Regarding assigning memory channels to banks... I accidentally assigned a channel to two different banks.

How do I "un-assign" one of the instances? (I want it in bank 1 only, not also in bank 2.)

Can it be done from the keypad, or do I have to edit it in the PC software and re-clone it?

I know how to assign the channel to a bank, per the instruction manual page 33:
1. Recall the memory channel to be assigned to a Memory Bank.
2. Press and hold in the [BAND(BAND DN)] key for one second,
then rotate the DIAL knob to select the Memory Bank number
you want as the Memory Bank for this channel (“BANK 1” ~ “BANK10”).
3. Press and hold in the [F/W] key for one second to copy the memory
channel data into the Memory Bank.

That's all I could find in the manual. I tried to assign it again to the wrong bank, to see if it "toggles" it off, but no luck. No luck selecting "no bank" as the target either.

N1BHH

Just reverse the procedure. It is okay though to have various channels assigned in multiple banks. I have many of the same channels in several banks. It's not a crime to double triple or quadruple what you assign, you could assign every channel to all ten banks, but that is just the same as memory scan. I have Cape Cod and Plymouth area in one bank, Plymouth area only in another bank, South Coastal area in another, with some of those three areas in another bank, and so on.

And by the way, the only stupid question is the one you don't ask, so don't call it a stupid question anymore, will ya? ;)

RadioDaze

Thanks, Clyde. I thought I had reversed the procedure when I "toggled" it, but it didn't seem to take. I accidentally assigned a freq to a fire department bank, when I only wanted it to appear the one time in a ham bank. I guess I'll try it again... maybe I overlooked a keystroke or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.