Yaesu vx-8r

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim9251

Just got my brand new vx-8r from HRO delivered this morning. All I can say is WOW. This HT does everything but make my breakfast in the morning. I've ordered the GPS antenna for it and can't wait to play with that. Amazing radio. HRO had it on sale with the baro kit installed.

Waiting on the RT software and cable so I can program it. Also just got the Arrow satellite antenna. My neighbors are going to think I am some sort of spy when they see me with that!

wise871

Database Admin
Funny, mine came in yesterday also from HRO Atlanta also. The only accessory I order was the software for now. Man did that make life so much easier to program. After spending a full day with the radio, I found programming and operating it by hand was not as difficult as I read in other forums. I love the fact the VX-8R uses a Bank system along with 16-char Alpha Tags. I managed to hit 3 of the local repeaters, two which are far off with no problems with the stock antenna. My next add-on for the radio will probably be the FNB-102LI battery and the CD-41 Rapid Charging Cradle. Then maybe I’ll look at the GPS unit once I’m more proficient with the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.