Another VX-8R Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
You guessed it, another question from a VX-8R newbie. I'm just making sure I didn't get a bum radio.

Today is my second day trying out my new VX-8R. One thing I noticed today was some type of shadow or anti-glare on the screen when the radio is off. Almost looks like smudges. I notice it comes out of all 4 corners of the LCD and I can make them move around as I angle the radio. I only seem to notice it in outdoor lighting. I tried taking a picture of it but it doesn’t capture it like the human eye. I tried looking at others videos and photos but didn't see this problem. I did a Marco shot and was able to capture it somewhat. In person it looks much darker Again, I'm just making sure.
Thanks
Dan

Last edited:

dsviper22

No you did not get a bum radio. It's perfectly normal, not sure what causes it but mine does it and a friend's does the same thing. Only thing to worry about is when you try to turn it on one day and the screen doesn't come on..

Chris
KF7ATX

N6RDC

Yeah, I posted this in the Yahoo VX-8R group about a year ago and others said that it was normal, someone said the screen is polarized. I seem to notice it more when the unit is off and near natural light like near a window. But when it's on it's not that noticeable....but it is normal and there's nothing wrong with the radio.
N6RDC

Status
Not open for further replies.