Yeasu Ft7900 Scan Cut-Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
Hi group, I have a brand new FT7900 and I'm having an issue with my scan cutting out, I don't have priority on, I don't have wx alert on I don't know what can possibley be causing this issue can anyone help me out here? Thanks

Matt

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Explain please

I don't have a 7900, but more information of the type of problem might help someone answer the question. Does it not start to scan? Is it only certain frequencies that stop the scan? What are/is the squelch setting? How was the radio programmed-self, or programming software? Are you in memory mode? Are you in VFO mode? Do you have band end [end band] enabled? People will need a lot more info. than "scan cuts out". You have answered two questions I didn't pose here, but go from there.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
The first time I noticed the issue was when I self programed it on the front pannel, I reprogramed it with the software thinking maybe if it had a fresh list in it that it would solve it it hasn't, I am in memory mode scanning, I don't know about vfo mode or end band.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Scan Cut Outs

Hi group, I have a brand new FT7900 and I'm having an issue with my scan cutting out, I don't have priority on, I don't have wx alert on I don't know what can possibley be causing this issue can anyone help me out here? Thanks

Matt

I used to operate a Yeasu 8100 Dual Bander before going to Kenwood and Icom equipment but you may want to check your scanning options. Instead of 3 second resume scanning, set it for a 2 second delay (Scanning resumes 2 seconds after the transmission ends) When in 3 second resume, the radio will resume scanning after 3 seconds on a transmission regardless of how long it lasts.

Hope this helps

73s

Chad

K

kb0nly

ab8sn beat me to it.. I was going to say it sounds like he has it set for resume instead of delay. You can also just shut off the resume all together so it stays on a channel until the end of the transmission then resumes scanning.

K

kb0nly

Menu, Scan Type i think? I would have dig up the manual..

Grab your manual, look at the index, scanning, its right there what menu number you need to change.

sgtmatt

Premium Subscriber
Sounds good, I wrote a new programe file for the radio, seems to be functoning as normal now, I had 100 channels in my old list so its going to be a pain redoing everything but oh well

Status
Not open for further replies.