Yaesu FT-1900R CTCSS problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

conve36

I have had my new Yaesu FT-1900R 2m 55w mobile radio for less than a week. Last night when I was transmitting the radio turned off by its self and turned back on. Then the front buttons on the radio (besides the power button) would not work. So I performed a complete reset of the micro processor and everything seemed to work fine after that except now my radio will not send a CTCSS tone when it should be. Everything is programmed correctly it just isnt sending the tone with the transmission. I have reset the the radio numerous times with no luck. Can anyone help me?

halespa

HI, i am sure that you have tried this, but, you need to set the ctcss to on for each frequency that you need it on. This is set on a menu and should show (TEN) ((Transmit en-code) on the disply. Hope this is of some help.

On edit, You will need to go to menu item #49 and set the squ-typ and set it to "tone" if you have not done som already

Last edited:

conve36

Thanks for the reply, but the programming is correct, it's just for some reason not transmitting the tone that I have it set to (well, not sending a tone AT ALL)...

Status
Not open for further replies.