FT 60 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevolene

I recently charged my FT60 battery which had been sitting for awhile and gotten very low on voltage, it charged for at least 14 hrs before I placed it back into the radio, upon attempt to power the HT up I got nothing, now this battery was an after-market 2500 mah battery that Ive had for several years, thinking I had burnt it up, or it just went bad I tried the original battery which was at about 6 volts, charged it for 8 hrs, same thing, turned on radio, nothing ... 2 bad batteries? radio worked with previous low voltage battery, any ideas?

W2NJS

The FT60 automatically reads out the battery voltage when you turn the radio on. So what is it reading when you turn the radio on?

N8IAA

Sounds like the batteries went south on you. Does the radio turn on with, and show the voltage when using the charger? Do you have a DC adapter to check the radio? If the radio doesn't show the voltage when turning it on, it may be something internal. I have a FT-60 also, with the original battery. I don't turn it on very often, and it's held a charge for over two months now.
HTH,
Larry

KC9AXZ

MaHa used to make a universal charger with conditioner. This didn't fix dead batteries but it did extend their life some. Some have come back from the dead and go for a little while longer, You might want to check with Batteries America and see if they have the MaHa chargers or at least get pricing on a new battery,

Jon KC9AXZ

W2NJS

The FT60 battery is used on several Vertex radios and has become a common, almost-dirt-cheap unit on eBay. I would just buy one or two new batteries and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.