Radiation Signal Enhancement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I waited until west coast started reporting radiation from Japan incident to post my memory. I do not know how much radiation cloud etc it takes but a number of years back China tested a bomb in the atmosphere resulting in a cloud drifting from west to east over the continental US. During the drift of this cloud I was able to follow it across as I live more or less in the center. We had qsos on 440 from Canada border to Louisiana and South Texas following the cloud across. I think I added like 8 or 10 states that week to my total on 70cm.

This was during the time I was heavily involved in mostly 70cm tropo scatter and working my way toward an EME station. As I recall some of the guys that worked HF commented about dead band conditions but I was not there and cannot say. I do not know how strong the China cloud was up high nor how strong this one may be. I dont know how much it takes but I do know we need to be all checking to see as this event progresses there may well be some interesting qsos to be had.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.