Help me find the right HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

holek

I'm looking for an HT that does 2M/440 and is able to be modded to TX/RX on air band in AM mode. I was going to buy an Alinco DJ-V5TH because I saw mods for the DJ-V5T...after more research, it seems this mod will not work on the -V5TH.

N8IAA

I'm looking for an HT that does 2M/440 and is able to be modded to TX/RX on air band in AM mode. I was going to buy an Alinco DJ-V5TH because I saw mods for the DJ-V5T...after more research, it seems this mod will not work on the -V5TH.

Yaesu used to manufacture a combo VHF airband and 2m transceiver. Don't remember the model. No dualband that can be modded for the VHF/AM airband to transceive sold in the US of A that I know of.
Larry

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

The vertex VXA-10 does this,but keep in mind it does require a amateur radio license to operate.

n9zas

holek

Thank you for the quick replies. I ended up buying a Yaesu VX-6R. The "free band" mod was super easy to do and I got the radio for the right price.

73's

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thank you for the quick replies. I ended up buying a Yaesu VX-6R. The "free band" mod was super easy to do and I got the radio for the right price.

73's

I also have a vx-6r, but transmitting where you don't belong will get you in more trouble than you want!

n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.