Kenwood TH-K2AT 2 Meter HT

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4JKD

Amateur Extra
Does anyone else have this radio? I know it is robust and works great, but the only downfall is the stock antenna that comes with it. I am thinking about using this radio in my car for my trip to Indiana next week because of its ease of use, but limits me to 2 meters, as compared to my Wouxun....which radio should I use? I have a DC power cord for it and a mag mount antenna

N5WMT

Premium Subscriber
Why not take both radio's? I have a THK2AT and have good performance. Am using RT Sysatems software to program. Have a safe trip

SCPD

QRT
antenna adapter

I took a quick look at the manual for your radio. Looks like an SMA connector to me.

If I can offer you some advice, get an adapter for your radio to BNC female, leave it on there, and pick up a good BNC rubber duckie for when you are portable.

SMA is superior to BNC, if you are basically leaving it in place.
But if you plan to use it mobile or base, you're going to be plugging and unplugging it a lot. SMA females won't last long that way before the center contact starts getting intermittent. A BNC female can take a lot more of that. So go get yourself an adapter, leave it on, plug and unplug to your hearts content. When the BNC center opens up, just swap out the adapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.