Kenwood TMVA 71 Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjdewey

Radio Man, ComL, ComT, Auxcomm
Recently received a new Kenwood TMV 71A dual band amateur radio. I do not have a programming cable at this time so I am programming it manualy. I have programmed this radio about ten times. I get either the VHF or UHF band done then switch to program the other band. The problem when doing the second band some key sequence I am pressing the radio put both bands in UHF. I have read the manual and searched the net and cannot find how to get it back in to two bands, VHF on one side and UHF on the other side. The only way I have been able to fix this is do a full radio reset. Does anybody know how to solve this or where I can find the answer. Thank you.

LtDoc

Look through the menu selections for a 'Band Mask' feature. You 'mask' out the bands you do not want on each 'side' of the radio. I can't give you a menu number, I don't use that feature and do the programing with a computer anyway. Sorry...
- 'Doc

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
See page 17 in your manual. Pressing F then the volume knob for either side of the radio will cycle through the bands available for that side of the radio. The A side of the radio (left display and volume knob) defaults to the 144 MHz band and will cycle through 220, 300, 400, 118, and back to 144. The B side of the radio (right display and volume knob) defaults to the 440 MHz band and will cycle through 1200, 144, 220, 400, and back to 440.

As mentioned above, you can mask a band so that it doesn't appear when cycling through the bands. See page 71 in your manual.

seh911

Feed Provider
I get either the VHF or UHF band done then switch to program the other band. The problem when doing the second band some key sequence I am pressing the radio put both bands in UHF. I have read the manual and searched the net and cannot find how to get it back in to two bands, VHF on one side and UHF on the other side. The only way I have been able to fix this is do a full radio reset. Does anybody know how to solve this or where I can find the answer. Thank you.
I'm confused. The two "sides" A and B are programmed with ONLY 1 set of channels, and you can mix UHF/VHF. There is only one set of memory channels that each "side" can access, not one for each side.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I'm confused. The two "sides" A and B are programmed with ONLY 1 set of channels, and you can mix UHF/VHF. There is only one set of memory channels that each "side" can access, not one for each side.

That is corrrect. There are 1000 channels, each side of the radio uses the same channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.