Kenwood Thf6a Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

Has anyone had the problem of Thf6a battery getting stuck to the radio after it has finished charging?
I haven't had an issue with it until now. It usually slides off really easy. I wonder if it baked itself together.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Has anyone had the problem of Thf6a battery getting stuck to the radio after it has finished charging?
I haven't had an issue with it until now. It usually slides off really easy. I wonder if it baked itself together.
Thanks
kb0vwg
wqoi992

Is the battery getting hot during its charging cycle? It shouldn't be.

n9zas

KB0VWG

Not sure

I plugged it in and left for work that day, So I was not sure if it got warm or not. The charging lights did turn on and they were off when I arrived home.
kb0vwg
wqoi992

gewecke

Banned
Battery still stuck? Might sound odd but try some dish soap around the edges.

n9zas

KB0VWG

I got it

As I look at the battery once i did get it off the radio seems like it buldged out just a slite bit, I can slide on a second battery with no problem. That battery still holds a charge but I think it is time to toss it and get a new battery.
kb0vwg
wqoi992

gewecke

Banned
As I look at the battery once i did get it off the radio seems like it buldged out just a slite bit, I can slide on a second battery with no problem. That battery still holds a charge but I think it is time to toss it and get a new battery.
kb0vwg
wqoi992

Check out your charger too, because it shouldn't have allowed your battery to overcharge! I wonder if a cell burst inside your pack? :roll:

n9zas

KB0VWG

Yep

I did charge my second battery with the same charger and it worked fine.and that was the origonal battery, The replacement was from i believe American battery supply.
kb0vwg
wqoi992

Status
Not open for further replies.