TH-f6a programing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWestin

I used to own the TH-F6 but I sold it about 10 years ago. Most "Programmer" programs work in about the same way. What operating system is on your computer? What is the brand and model of the cable that you have? Did you get a driver CD with your cable? If you can provide more information perhaps I or another member can help you sort this out.

Mark

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
bought a usp cable to read and program my TH F6 but having trouble with port and then says timed out. Can some one help? Thanks

Try programming it by hand instead. Sometimes it's easier than you think. ;)

n9zas

W9JY

Premium Subscriber
I have a Kenwood TH-F6A. I use the PG-4Y cable made by Kenwood. It has a serial interface. My computer didn't have a serial interface so I bought a Tripp-Lite USB Serial Adapter to get a serial port. I use the Kenwood Programming Software. It can be downloaded here. Memory Control Program MCP-F6/F7

If you are using a cable that plugs into the radio and has a usb port on the other end it might be a 3rd party cable. In that case it might have a USB to Serial converter built into it. It is basically showing up on the computer as a Serial (COM) port. It might help to identify which COM port it is using and select that one within the software.

Bret - W9JY

Wrong

Premium Subscriber
Go into the menu and change the default setting for the ext mic port, change it from mic to pc and then try you cable.

AC2OY

LOL after about two days I sat down took a deep breath and taught myself how to program it by hand.Honistly I got the radio and the ca le to talk to the computer but it isnt as hard to program it by hand if you have the steps down pat. I have the nifty notes and links to the easy program guide. PM me if you cant get it and I do all I can to get you up and running!!!!

AC2OY

Yes I downloaded that and saved it to my iPad. This is just for me,I figured that in a pinch I would someday need to know how to program it by hand if somebody says go to 144.....simplex ect. Like most stated here after you do it a few times or in my case about 12 lol, you will almost memorize the steps! I still don't have all the different features down pat but little by little I'm learning.

OK, I got my cable to work with the program MPC-F6F7, read the radio fine. Now if someone would help by instructing me on how to get the freq for all avaliable stations in my area then putting them in my radio. Thanks..

W9JY

Premium Subscriber
OK, I got my cable to work with the program MPC-F6F7, read the radio fine. Now if someone would help by instructing me on how to get the freq for all avaliable stations in my area then putting them in my radio. Thanks..

There's a couple ways to do that. I bought a repeater directory from the ARRL. That book has all of the registered repeaters in it. Another way is to use the Radio Reference Database. You can see a link for Databases at the top of the page. Use the Frequency Database. Enter your location info to search for frequencies in your area. You can probably find the Amateur Repeaters in your area as well as Public Service Frequencies that you might want to monitor.

Bret - W9JY

AC2OY

Bluesdaddy found a good 2 meter repeater today 147.2700 pl tone 141.3 BERS A buddy told me its linked to many repeaters in diffrent states could be fun!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.