Kenwood TH-K40A Does it exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB4CS

I have a Kenwood TH-K20A, which is Kenwood's monoband 2 meter HT. It's a damn good little radio, and I'm a Kenwood kind-of-guy. The owners manual is written for both the TH-K20A as well as the TH-K40A, which is the 70cm version of the radio.

This product isn't listed on Kenwood's website, and I can't find it doing a Google search for the model number. As far as I can tell, the radio doesn't exist.

Has anyone read or seen anything about this radio? I would love to get my hands on one, and am confused if the radio wasn't produced why Kenwood would write an owners manual for it.

Any ideas?

mikepdx

Perhaps the model is (or was) only made for the foreign market.
In most countries the 70cm ham band ends at 440. No 440-450 privileges.
It's listed here at this Kenwood page showing as a 430 MHz transceiver:
Kenwood.com - TH-K20A-K40A

I have a Kenwood TH-K20A, which is Kenwood's monoband 2 meter HT. It's a damn good little radio, and I'm a Kenwood kind-of-guy. The owners manual is written for both the TH-K20A as well as the TH-K40A, which is the 70cm version of the radio.

This product isn't listed on Kenwood's website, and I can't find it doing a Google search for the model number. As far as I can tell, the radio doesn't exist.

Has anyone read or seen anything about this radio? I would love to get my hands on one, and am confused if the radio wasn't produced why Kenwood would write an owners manual for it.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

WB4CS

Perhaps the model is (or was) only made for the foreign market.
In most countries the 70cm ham band ends at 440. No 440-450 privileges.
It's listed here at this Kenwood page showing as a 430 MHz transceiver:
Kenwood.com - TH-K20A-K40A

Very very interesting. I didn't think about it like that, but good point. Generally Kenwood assigns an "E" to European radios (TH-K20E) so the "A" at the end of TH-K40A made me think it was for North America, but maybe not.

Status
Not open for further replies.