Moto mic to Kenwood radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamx2

Premium Subscriber
Trying to interface a HMN1050C Moto mic to a Kenwood G707A. It's driving me crazy. I can get the PTT to work, but I can not get any audio. I had to connect what was the mic ground to the ptt to get the key up. The moto mic has a pin out for MIC HI and MIC LO and I can't quite figure out what this is. Can anyone lend a hand?

bamx2

Premium Subscriber
I'll give that a try then. The kenwood has a 8v line, would that be enough? I thought this would be a simple one hour splice in a cat5 cable project. Yep. Not even. I found the color guide to the handheld spectra mic, I forgot tee model number. I'm making my connections off of that, as the wire colors match what's in this mic. I know I've got the ptt right at least, I can key the radio up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamx2

Premium Subscriber
Ooook. So I got my connections made, I've got ground to ground, ptt to ptt, 8V to Mic Hi, and Mic and Mic ground to Mic Lo.

I have audio, but I also have a horrible awful ugly hum. It almost drowns out the audio I'm transmitting. I'm sure there is a mismatch here, but I don't know what to do to counter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.