897 ldg 897 tuner and an amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Got a fellow ham that has this setup. the tuner is bolted to the side of the 897. He has a 811 amp so he is having a hard time hooking it up. Getting the switching circuit from the radio is a problem as the cable goes into the tuner. I have said the tuner needs to be disconnected as it will be off no use on an 800 watt radio. His hookup is radio tuner amp and I am saying radio amp and a big tuner . Have anyone got the Yaesu 897 hooked to am amp and how have you done it.

prcguy

I thought the LDG 897 tuner had a CAT connector on the back that passed through the amp keyline and other functions. You should be able to make an amp key cable per Yaesu instructions and run from the LDG tuner to the amp. Otherwise the LDG 897 tuner would be be in bypass mode and you would want a high power tuner at the output of the amp.
prcguy

Got a fellow ham that has this setup. the tuner is bolted to the side of the 897. He has a 811 amp so he is having a hard time hooking it up. Getting the switching circuit from the radio is a problem as the cable goes into the tuner. I have said the tuner needs to be disconnected as it will be off no use on an 800 watt radio. His hookup is radio tuner amp and I am saying radio amp and a big tuner . Have anyone got the Yaesu 897 hooked to am amp and how have you done it.

teufler

I'll pass this info along. I believe the cat connector is connected to the radio. I had an 897 but sold it yeras ago. I like cw and stayed with a Ten Tec Paragon. It displayed a better receiver, great filters, but an all manual adjusting radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.