Icom v82

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershoe46

Premium Subscriber
I got a icom v82 and the voulme moves from 0 to 23 but it has no effect.It's stuck on maybe 18 and i can't turn it down.The knobs turns and it goes to zero but has no effect,still loud.Anyone know what i can try to do ?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Now is this ham radio new or used? Has it been modified? Have you tried a reset? Although shouldn't impact volume, what is the squelch set at [if it has internal squelch]? What frequency or frequencies is this happening on [although doubtful this will have an effect on the problem]. I have not used that ham radio so am not sure if it has AF numbers for the audio. Just some points to consider so others might be able to help with.

watershoe46

Premium Subscriber
icom v82

It's new .I think it has been modified.It talks and receives rom 136 to 176.Squelch is about a 1. Doing it on all Frequencies.Thank you.I can't turn the volume down.I got 2 of these and they just came in .I works fine,this one has a volume issue.

watershoe46

Premium Subscriber
You are right.I don't think it's going to work no matter what.These counterfit radios don't have all the inner board features the originals had.

watershoe46

Premium Subscriber
Well icom dont make the v82 any more. So if you get one it's counterfit. What radio out there can talk as far as these ? I had an original with green label , but i lost it while hunting.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
IC-V82

The best vhf (2 meter) radio I have is an EF Johnson 5100 series with full keypad. In our county emergency exercise, I was able to reach the repeater with it when other HTs were useless. It is programmable from the keyboard, unlike many commercial radios and has outstanding audio. The weight is it's only negative, but the talk power is unbeatable by any of the 8 other vhf radios I have.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Do you know what the volume knob is set up to do? I believe the volume knob can be set up to do something other than volume. Do the up and down keys adjust the volume?

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
Do you know what the volume knob is set up to do? I believe the volume knob can be set up to do something other than volume. Do the up and down keys adjust the volume?

I have a gen-you-ine V82 I got with my licence a couple of years ago. Don't use it much as it only has a Nicad battery pack and is pretty heavy for a portable. If you have a standard ICOM programming cable the simplest way to set this up is with the CHIRP freeware.

Status
Not open for further replies.