Yaseu vx-170

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dula

I have a vx-170 that I am looking to get a high capacity battery for. Wondering if the fnb-tv-67li battery would work with that radio being it is a 2400mA

PACNWDude

I show that that battery is for the VX-160, but nothing to say if it works with the VX-170 also.

I'm using an 1800 mAh battery with my 170 though, so am not sure if it would work. The 1800 mAh battery makes it feel like a brick. Tough little radio.

Dula

I already have the battery hopeing it will work. I put the battery on the radio but nothing happens. Hoping the battery is just not charged, but I plug the charger in that came with the radio but it doesn't show its charging so maybe I need the correct charger for that battery? I don't know. Anyone with knowledge of this please I need your help. I use the radio all the time and the battery, 1400 mA, doesn't last very long at all.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I show that that battery is for the VX-160, but nothing to say if it works with the VX-170 also.

I'm using an 1800 mAh battery with my 170 though, so am not sure if it would work. The 1800 mAh battery makes it feel like a brick. Tough little radio.

It should work, the the VX-180 batteries are compatible for sure, just make sure you have a charger that will work for the chemistry of the battery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dula

Thanks for the reply. I will need to buy a charger for that battery and hope for the best otherwise I guess I will have a battery and charger for sale and be looking for a different battery. Thanks again. I will keep you posted as to what happens.

FKimble

The fnb 94 is the 1800 battery for all the radios that use the standard fnb-83 . Funny thing is the 1800 can be bought cheaper than the 1400 FNB-83. The only real problem with going to a lithium battery is your must buy a litium battery charger. Your standard charger will do bad things to a lithium battery. You can buy a bunch of 1400 or 1800 batteries for the cost of a litium battery and charger. Also you can use the AA alkiline battery holder with the newest Enneloop batteries and have 2000 mah and they claim to hold a charge a long time and be rechargable 1000 times. And can be recharged in a $10.00 smart charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.