Kenwood: TM-D710GA Memory Channel Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

W7JLH

I'm trying to find out more information about memory channels and am falling short. Would someone please help me understand them? I used RT Systems programming software to program 2M and 70CM frequencies.

How do I set these banks? When looking through the programming software, I only see one tab for memory and then multiple for VFO, VFO 1.... When I go into settings, I see I can name the memory banks, but do not know how to store the frequencies in those banks.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
One of the advantages of amateur radios is that frequencies can be entered into memory without the use of a computer. RTFM first and try to program some frequencies into memory. The knowledge could be very valuable in the field when a memory has to be changed, added, etc.. Once that knowledge is there, the programming software should be easily understood.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The "banks" in a Kenwood TM-V71 or TM-D710(G) are fixed at every 100 channels. If you put something in memory 1 it's in Bank 1. If you put something in memory 101, it's in Bank 2, etc. Even though you can name the memory banks in the programming software, those names are not downloaded to the radio. The bank names are just there for your convenience in building the memories in the programming software.

To scan using the banks, you must select a memory channel within your bank of interest and the press the main dial knob for more than a second to start the bank scan. For example, if you select memory 1 and press the main dial knob, you'll scan all of the saved memory channels in bank 1. In the menus, you can link banks so that a bank scan will scan more than one bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.