Yaesu: Yaesu FT1D Slack battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

kar120c

I have a FT1D and two battery packs, the OEM 1800mh and the news SBR-14 2200mh.
Both have the same dimensions but only the 1800mh fits well, because the SBR-14 reamains slack on the top where there are the two sprig dents.and pressing it creaks.
I thinck this issue may affect the IPX5 splash proofing of this radio.
Anyone has noticed it?

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I think I'd go back to whoever you bought the battery pack from and ask them two questions:

1. Is the pack supposed to fit loosely around the top of the battery well on the radio?
  2. Do they guarantee that the water resistance advertised by the Yaesu still applies with the other battery pack?

kar120c

Today at my local store I tried another SBR-14 and this one fitted loose too

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I don't have that radio to look at, but I would suggest looking at the back of the radio with the battery removed around the area of the 3 contacts which mate with the battery. My Icom and Connect System radios have a seal around the contacts that sits on a smooth flat surface on the battery. This would be where the water is kept out of the radio relative to the battery for the IPX5 rating. Water can and will get between the radio back and battery, but not in where the electrical contacts are.

Mike

snip...

I thinck this issue may affect the IPX5 splash proofing of this radio.
Anyone has noticed it?

kar120c

Yes, there is a kind of seal, but from a top Yaesu HT I would expect more quality.
My other HT a VX-6 is build much better and the battery, when attached to body is rock solid as the Whole radio

Status
Not open for further replies.