Yaesu: Yaesu FT-1XDR Vs FT-2DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I just bought a DMR portable and now I want to get a Yaesu System Fusion portable to give that a try. So, as posted above, do I want the Yaesu FT-1XDR or the FT-2DR?

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Generally speaking... FT1 version is less expensive and has traditional shape and smaller orange LCD screen, while FT2 is more expensive and has wider form factor and larger black-on-white LCD touch screen. I'd say that both are similar for overall TX/RX function.

FWIW, I own both but prefer the FT2.

John AC4JK

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
As I recall, the FT-1 will only decode System Fusion on one "side" of the radio while the FT-2 will decode Fusion on both "sides".

Aero125

The price difference between the 2 is usually around 30 bucks, sometimes less with specials. I picked up an FT2 for 269 after rebate during this past 'Hamcon special pricing.' The FT2 is definitely worth the extra few bucks.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Yaesu FT-1XDR

A friend of mine tipped me that the Yaesu FT-1XDR is available from some retailers for about $239.95. I was going to wait for the Yaesu FT-70DR, but I have read that it has been delayed. Anyway, for those familiar with the Yaesu FT-1XDR, is this a good radio and is $239.95 a fair price for this? The Eham.net reviews seem pretty favorable.

Yaesu FT1D Product Reviews

mrweather

The FT-2DR does Fusion on both receivers? Wow, not even Yaesu's flagship mobile FTM-400DR does that.

k6cpo

The FT-2DR does Fusion on both receivers? Wow, not even Yaesu's flagship mobile FTM-400DR does that.

I'm curious about that too. I looked at the FT2 manual and I can't find anything that indicates it does Fusion on the B band.

I have an FT1DR, but if I had to go back and do it over again, I'd get the FT2. The biggest reason is the volume control. On the FT1 you have to press and hold a button on the side of the radio and then turn the knob the change the volume. It's a two-handed operation. On the FT2, there is a dedicate volume control knob. Much easier...

Status
Not open for further replies.