Free phone calls with this ham radio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9PBD

Premium Subscriber
Holy cow, that's a lot of bull. Oh, and I particularly enjoyed the part where he programmed it up on his local sheriff's repeater input frequency and keyed it up. Classy, but surely it's ethical, because he included a disclaimer admonishing you not to try this at home.

Yep, I'm throwing my cell phone away right now, folks, and putting in my bid.

:lol:

hill

Premium Subscriber
It's a nice radio, but not worth almost $4K.

If he really is a ham radio operator he bringing a bad name to hobby by scamming people on Ebay.

Your right it's a good laugh with him rambling on and many things are incorrect.

wrath

I had a 742 when they came out , and I had the tribander modules and spent less than this guy wants now 20+ years ago, maybe what he is not saying is its installed in hemi Cuda and the car is included, he can not spell definitely because it says defiantly in many places , but that is freak show of an add, it must be one of Trump's brothers, because this guy lies about easy reference things, that can be proven false , I did however add it to my watch list because it will be sad but amusing if he finds a buyer at that price , he has done one good thing in the add by not requiring a call sign to purchase , because anyone with a call sign knows to steer clear of that scam . I loved my 742 it was amazing in its day , but today is not that day .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

wrath

Oh common he has that 1.2 gig module that is so so sought after at least $1.25 is in order!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

xxdanielt3

Premium Subscriber
I gave up reading halfway through... little too obnoxious of an ad for me. I just want the free telephone service....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
You'd think someone with so much important information would know how to use spell check. It's BUILT IN to every modern browser :)

SCPD

QRT
"Duel" banders. Is that a Chinese scam auction? Lol for that price it must come with a 1.21 jigawatts tin flux capacitor with rosin. What a joke.

DJ11DLN

The sad part is that somebody will likely believe his spiel and buy it at his grossly inflated price. On the other hand, anyone who would pay that kind of price without doing their due diligence probably needs an expensive life lesson to wake them up. Caveat emptor!:cool:

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I like my 742, even with just the two modules.

No way anyone sensible the kind of money he is asking. A tenth of that would be a bit high, maybe excepting that it does appear to be in good cosmetic condition.

Sent via Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
While most hams think their 25+ year old radio is still worth $5 less than they paid new, this guy takes the cake.thousands for a TM-742? I think not. Even with the 1.2GHz unit.

I have seen this same idiot make all these outrageous claims about free phone calls, and 3000 mile range.

The one common theme with his crap, is that it is priced about 1000x more than it is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.