Icom: Icom ic-2730a programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4ELO

I just received a new mobile today, and was wondering if someone may have some insight. I don't really want to have to buy a cable at the high prices they are today for programming it one time. I also have a vertex vx354. It is usb with the 3.5mm jack. Does anyone know if it would be possible to use the same cable? I don't want to just "try it" and fry something radiowise.

Thanks

Sent from the moon

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
I very much doubt it. I don't know specifics of each radio but in general for the big ham radio manufacturers, I have not found any cables that will work on other manufacturers radios. CCR do as they are knock offs of generally Kenwood so Kenwood cables do tend to work. I would also recommend loading a large number of frequencies by hand as one never knows when things will have to be changed in the field. Then when you get the cable, read from the radio so you don't lose the manual programmed frequencies.

k6cpo

I just received a new mobile today, and was wondering if someone may have some insight. I don't really want to have to buy a cable at the high prices they are today for programming it one time. I also have a vertex vx354. It is usb with the 3.5mm jack. Does anyone know if it would be possible to use the same cable? I don't want to just "try it" and fry something radiowise.

Thanks

Sent from the moon

Define "high priced..."

You can purchase a cable AND programming software for that radio from RT Systems for $49.00. In my book that's a good deal...

https://www.rtsystemsinc.com/IC-2730-Programming-Software-and-USB-29A-cable-p/wcs2730-usb.htm

SCPD

QRT
Last edited:

KK4ELO

The software is free from ICOM! Heres a cable for $5 6 in 1 USB Programming Cable for Motorola HYT ICOM BAOFENG KENWOOD YAESU Radio | eBay +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ SOFTWARE>>>>>>>>>>>> Firmware Updates / Software Downloads | Support | Icom Inc ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ THIS USES PROLIFIC DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS OS WORKS FOR ME!
Now that may be more in the ballpark. Thanks for the link.

Sent from the moon

AE7BF

I have the same Radio. I bit the bullet and bought the Icom cable but my next radio will have SD card slot so I can program and update that way.

I have used mine a hand full of times as I wanted to change memory or add other repeaters so don't think of it as a one time item. It probably won't get used a lot but probably more than once.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.